The world of healthcare is changing. What will the industry look like in the near future and what transformations can we expect over the longer term?
Join Optimum Strategic Communications on Thursday, 17 October 2019 for our 11th Annual Investor Healthcare Conference, co-hosted with Bloomberg Intelligence. Hear expert speakers discuss what is attracting early stage investment, how the public markets are shaping up and what ‘next big thing’ might disrupt the sector.
Now in its 11th year, the conference brings together the top executives and visionaries from the healthcare industry and the investment community to discuss and debate the trends set to reshape the industry far into the future.
12-1pm Registration & networking lunch
1pm Welcome & market overview
- Mary Clark, Managing Director, Optimum Strategic Communications
- Sam Fazeli, Director of EMEA Research, Bloomberg Intelligence
1.15pm Fireside chat
Chair: Dan Mahony, Fund Manager, Polar Capital
- Annalisa Jenkins, Chair of the Board of Directors, Cell Medica
1.45pm Where is early stage funding going and what will it lead to?
Chair: Lisa Urquhart, Editor of Vantage
- Jonathan Tobin, Investment Director, Arix Bioscience
- Roel Bulthuis, Managing Director, INKEF Capital
- Hakan Goker, Executive Investment Director, M Ventures
- Soren Moller, Managing Partner, Novo Holdings
- Harry Destecroix, CEO, Unit DX
2:45pm Tea break
3:15- 4pm Building successful & sustainable companies
Chair: Dale Raine, Managing Director, Lazard
- Edwin Moses, Chairman of Achilles Therapeutics, Evox Therapeutics & Virion Biotherapeutics
- Catherine Pickering, CEO, iOnctura
- Vicky Darbyshire, Equity Analyst, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Ilan Chaitowitz, Global Healthcare Analyst, Nomura Asset Management
4-4:30pm Fireside chat
Chair: Sam Fazeli, Director of EMEA Research, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Stephen Bunting, Chairman, Abingworth
4.30–5:30pm What is the Next Big Thing that may transform patient care?
Chair: Clive Cookson, Science Editor, Financial Times
- Paul Major, Portfolio Manager, Bellevue Asset Management
- Justin Stebbing, Professor of Oncology, Imperial College London
- Professor Tony Young OBE, National Clinical Lead for Innovation, NHS England
5.30-8:30pm Wrap up & networking drinks
The conference will take place at Bloomberg’s European Headquarters in London.
Starting with lunch at 12 noon and finishes with networking drinks at 5.30pm. Chatham House rule applies to encourage open discussion & debate. This is an invitation only event, please email email@example.com for more information.