- Polθ inhibitor, ART4215, is the first selective, orally bioavailable, small molecule inhibitor of the Polθ polymerase domain to enter the clinic
- Phase 1/2a study evaluating Polθ inhibitor, ART4215, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors
- Polθ program developed using Artios’s DDR-based platform and small molecule drug discovery capabilities
- Interim safety and tolerability data expected in 2022
- Polθ inhibitor, ART4215, is Artios’s second investigational new drug to enter the clinic in 2021 along with ATR inhibitor, ART0380
CAMBRIDGE, UK and NEW YORK, USA, 28 September 2021: Artios Pharma Limited (Artios), a leading biotech company pioneering the development of novel small molecule therapeutics that target the DNA Damage Response process in order to treat patients suffering from a broad range of cancers, announces it has dosed the first patient in its Phase 1/2a study with its polymerase theta (Polθ) inhibitor, ART4215. The Polθ project was originally in-licensed from Cancer Research UK in 2016 as part of the initial formation of Artios.